My last post was nearly 6 months ago... oops! The Erbe's have been busy, busy, busy. Eliya had her first holiday season where she partied with and enjoyed her family and friends. And she is growing up so quickly! The last time I posted, she could barely sit up on her own and now she is crawling and moving around effortlessly. Her favorite thing is "cruising" around by holding onto the furniture and her mommy and daddy for support.
She has really become a social butterfly... always on the phone. Every object in the house, in fact, is a phone- the remote, her spoon, her brush, etc. She is just so tech savvy. Soon she will be teaching her mommy and daddy how to use an iPad.
2 days ago, she woke up with her first fever. She was a real champ about it. On her visit to the Doctor's office, she weighed in at 23 lbs!! Our little girl is turning out to not be so little:) Our previous visit to the doc's was to monitor her head growth... apparently her head was "above 1 standard deviation blah blah blah."
"Doc- HER FATHER IS 300 lbs!!"
Whatever. We still had to do the song and dance to make sure Pumpkin Pie was healthy. AND SHE IS!
Not only does she have a big head like her daddy, she also eats like her daddy and bangs her head into things like her daddy. Oh, how I love that Peanut.
Tomorrow is her 1st birthday. Which means that this time last year, Kristin was taking maternity pics of me, I went to Paige's bridal shower and Craig and Eleni's engagement party... all with my big 'ole belly hangin' out. I totally get the saying "Ignorance is bliss" now.
Here are some pictures and video of the last 6 months. Most recently, Brycen and I took a trip to Deep Creek with Erica, Ed, Paige and Tim- NO KIDS!!:) Good times. Then we piggy-backed that with a vacation to Del Ray, FL to visit G.G. Mimi. We got in a little bit of beach time and lots of Mimi time. Eliya showed us that no matter where she is, she makes friends and entertains.
We took a quick trip to the mall in FL and while Mimi and I shopped, Eliya took her Daddy to meet some of the Saks ladies. I watched from a distance as several women formed a semi-circle around my daughter, watching Eliya show off her bag of tricks. I really am amazed at that child's confidence and livliness. Oh! I forgot to mention generosity. On the plane, she kindly offered fellow passengers her binky. Maybe she thought they looked sleepy and needed a nap.
See. You just plug it in here, like this. Then, close your eyes and you will be out in about 5. Here. You try.
No Takers.
I just love getting to know our little girl every day!
i love her! CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS ONE ALREADY!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is GORGEOUS! Beth, I'll never forget the glow you had one year ago at Paige's bridal shower. I should have known then what a beautiful girl (inside & out) you were about to welcome into this world! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete